Tagged: raglan sweater

30 day sweater: the completed product

My sweater is finally done! I wove in the ends (there were a ton of them from all of the stripes) and blocked it over the weekend. The pattern ran a bit small so I made sure to increase the size during blocking. It worked better than I thought it would and it fits my friend Jason really well.
Overall, I really enjoyed this pattern. It knit up really fast and adding the stripes made it interesting enough to keep me from getting bored. I did make a modification to the raglan sleeve decreases. Instead of doing the cable decreases which I couldn’t figure out, I did a simple SSK/K2tog decrease which I think gave it a cleaner look and ended up working pretty well. After working this sweater in the round, I don’t want to go back to having to sew all of the pieces together. For my next sweater, I think I’ll try a top-down pattern instead so I can try it on as I go.
As for the yarn, I used Ella Rae Classic Heathers. Its a pure wool yarn that is pretty comparable to Cascade 220. Ella Rae is cheaper and, in my opinion, a bit softer too. The blue I used was a beautiful subtle heather that coordinated well with the off-white I used for the stripes. It was a bit splitty but I loved working with it,and I’ve already bought more for my next project.
This past month of knitting was challenging but I’m really proud of the fact that I completed the 30 day sweater challenge. It was difficult but also pretty fun. I hope they’ll have another one in the future!
I’ve already started my next project- more to come on that later!