After three months of knitting, my first ever sweater is done! It took me about a week to sew all the pieces together (the zipper itself took 2 hours…) but it looks great! And even more exciting is that it fits my boyfriend even though I didn’t know how to make a swatch when I started. Yay!
Here are a few more pictures of it:
I’m currently blocking it on the floor of the common room in my dorm- the pattern said to just spray it down and let it dry. The yarn is actually machine washable which is nice although I’m a little anxious about it living through the washing machine.
Here are a few quick things that I learned:
– I completely understand why people like seamless sweaters so much- sewing seams is a huge pain. Although mattress stitch makes the seams mostly invisible, it kind of takes forever
– I should knit pairs of things (like sleeves) one right after the other- or both simultaneously. Although both sleeves have the same number of stitches and rows, my knitting got much looser from one to the next so one sleeve is about 3 inches longer than the other one. Thankfully, the sweater is designed to be nice and loose so it isn’t that noticeable
– my next sweater will have something like color work or cables to make it more interesting. I had a hard time pushing through so much stockinette stitch…
All in all though, this was a fun project and I’m so excited that it turned out so well! I kind of want to cast on another sweater right away, but I’ll do my best to refrain from that for a bit haha.
Also, thanks everyone for all of your suggestions and support as I’ve been working on this project. It was fun and I learned a lot!